The American Legion Online Updates & Discussions Headline Animator

The American Legion Legacy Run

Indianapolis - Louisville
August 18-23, 2009

Riding for the children of fallen heroes.

An online gathering of American Legion Riders and others interested in the annual American Legion Legacy Run. Click on the "Post a Comment" link following the articles below and join in the discussion!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Announcing "The American Legion Legacy Run" Forum.









Welcome to The American Legion Legacy Run blogsite and discussion forum. Many of the Legacy Run veterans, new riders, and Legion family volunteers interested in learning more about The American Legion Legacy Run should visit this site often--it is interactive and safe, and will allow you to share your comments with all visitors to the forum.

The forum also welcomes open discussion. Give us your thoughts about The American Legion Legacy Scholarship and the Legacy Run itself. Share your stories of previous runs to Salt Lake City and Reno. Tell us about your chapters' own upcoming American Legion Rider events and fundraisers connected with the Legacy Scholarship, and your Rider's goals for 2008.


--AWACS
(Bill Sloan, site moderator)
www.legion.org

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Bill. Can't wait to see you guys when we start the ride. This will be our 3rd - what an honor to ride with all of you.

'Flamingo' Tina Kirchoff
Panama City, FL

Anonymous said...

My first year. I will be riding the whole route but from Corry, Pa. to Indianapolis to Phoenix then home to Corry, Pa.
I have over $1000.00 in sponsors for the run and am trying for more I am the incomming commander for Post 365 here in Corry and also a pryor patient of Bethesda. I would be interested if anyone from near me or up farther would be interested in riding with me.

Dannomcg said...

I won't be riding from northwest PA, but a group of us from Post 116 in Reisterstown MD will be riding to Columbus Friday night and continuing to Indianapolis in the morning.

Unknown said...

Nice job on the Blog.
Makes my Yahoo group redundant but I prefer that it is done here.

Last preparations before leaving Germany to pick up my bike in DC.

I'll be attending the National Convention after the ride. After the Convention. I plan to ride CA-OR-WA-ID-MT-WY-SD-NE-OK-TX-two day Mexico-TX-AK-TN before attending the Chaplain's Conference on 26 Sep. I'll be doing scenic routes, national parks with a combination of 5 days camping and 2 days hotel per week.

If anybody wants to ride a portion of the route, please let me know.

Ron "Gypsy" Moore, Dept of France