The American Legion Online Updates & Discussions Headline Animator

The American Legion Legacy Run

Indianapolis - Louisville
August 18-23, 2009

Riding for the children of fallen heroes.

An online gathering of American Legion Riders and others interested in the annual American Legion Legacy Run. Click on the "Post a Comment" link following the articles below and join in the discussion!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

NEW LEGACY RUN ROUTE TO INDIANAPOLIS

Bill,
IAW the last newsletter, I am sending you and the team an update on how our group (ALR Southern Virginia Chapter) is getting to Indy. Anyone who wants to join along the way is welcome.
15 Aug- Depart Midlothian, VA at 0800. Ride Route 60 all the way across Virginia and most of the way across West Virginia, until we reach Charleston. Take I77 north to Parkersburg, WV for overnight and to meet any riders coming from northern Virginia.
16 Aug- start out on route 50 across Ohio, switch to route 35 at Chillicoate, then take that all the way to I70 west. We'll take I70 into Indianapolis.
These are great roads, and the Interstate riding is kept to a minimum. We had a blast riding this route last year, and the overnight in Parkersburg was a lot of fun, as well. Anyone wishing to contact me regarding a linkup, or finding the Econlodge in Parkersburg, please feel free to email me at hdpatches@hotmail.com.

JIMBO "PATCHES" ALTHOUSE
ALRSV
Post 284
Colonial Heights, VA 23834

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gooooood Morning to all my comrades, friends and fellow riders. I live in Blytheville, Ar and will be departing for my third Legacy Run on or about 15 Aug. I'll be heading up I-55,I-57,I-70 to Indy. Anyone wishing to join up and ride together please contact me at vnvmcbadbob@aol.com. I ride the red, white and blue Heritage with the American Flag and POW-MIA flag. I will probably wear my kilt along the way.(I'll answer that all important question - your girl firends's lipstick!) My baby brother will tag along in a chase vehicle this year with a trailer. For anyone that hasn't made one of these, by all means, make it!. It's a great cause we all believe in and a world of fun. Especially with that crazy bunch from Converse, TX. (Where in the world is Converse?) My cell number is 870-740-6038.
Me lub you long time,
Bad Bob

Hi Bill Sloan!!!