The American Legion Online Updates & Discussions Headline Animator

The American Legion Legacy Run

Indianapolis - Louisville
August 18-23, 2009

Riding for the children of fallen heroes.

An online gathering of American Legion Riders and others interested in the annual American Legion Legacy Run. Click on the "Post a Comment" link following the articles below and join in the discussion!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Western Legacy Run to National Convention a go!

OK, looks like this thing is going to happen. Feel free to pass this on to others that would like to join in. If you know Riders from the west wanting to join in let me know ASAP. The final route is flexible at this time and we may want to hook up with another group along the way. Looks like we may be going by St.Louis and grabbing a few. Who cares what direction, it's all about the fun and the cause.

Remember that you must register with the National ride to play along. (waivers and all that stuff)

If anybody has more info on what Stony had set up PLEASE pass that on as well. Time is short and no need to re-invent the wheel. This is his dream and I would like to follow through with it for him.

Also, I have two PE Riders (confirmed) in my group doing this thing. If your post would like us to personally deliver your donations to national, we would be honored to do so. Just let me know and get them, in a sealed envelope, with an amount and post identification on the front to me. National seems to like an informal breakdown of how you raised the funds and names and addresses of any large donors you might have (they may send a personal "thank you" to them). Just put that in the envelope and let them worry about the TMI thing. Promote your post, promote this project and thank your donors.

Let's keep this cause going and have some fun along the way.

THX
&
Shiny Side Up


Todd Harris
American Legion Riders
Director, AZ Post 86
Pony Express Messenger
SoundAttitudes@frontiernet.net

3 comments:

Bill said...

I'm leaving Post 52 in Sierra Vista (AZ)early Thursday morning on the 13th of August. I will be traveling I-10 to Hatch, NM where I'll stop, gas up and eat a famous Hatch burrito. (195 Miles) Then on north to Albuquerque, NM. Join I-40 East to Santa Rosa, etc... I'll give the rest of the details if anyone is interested in going. I want to arrive in Indianapolis to join the ALLR on their 1100 mile trip, en masse, to Louisville, KY by way of Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky. It will be most awesome!!

AWACS said...

Bill, do you want to leave contact information so folks can ride with you?

Anonymous said...

I am comeing in from N A and plan on going though Rockford Ill and south to I70 then east to Lndy and South to Lewiville. Will be runing from Rockford Ill south on Fryday morning early Want to be in erly Frday Nite Please contact me at wjp@drtel.net Willie